My wife says I have a dog’s personality.
Every time I get even the smallest win, I come to her for praise.
Today, I’m wagging my tail thanks to this comment to Maciek’s last week’s update on Netflix for Toys project:
That’s exactly why TGN exists!
Obviously, credit goes to Maciek and his team.
Check out what they’ve been up to: (Week #3)
Maciek’s Weekly Update
Netflix for Toys
Where is my 🧠
- Found perfect CFO just few days after co-founder's departure - by accident! I just wanted some advice from an old collegue of mine, but seeing his eyes spark when I described the idea, I knew in an instant it would be a match. He's already on board!
- Enjoying decent 6-hour sleep most nights.
- Happy with look & feel of the branding ideas received.
- CFO took over and transformed business model, making it 5x smarter
- Company's legal entity is now live, hooray! (now can let the angel money in)
- Only interviewed 3 customers so far, delegated research to a studio, but I know it's only complementary to my personal customer interactions.
- First pitch with investors in 2 days, intentionally short notice for better execution; will reduce number of slides (thus scope) to maintain quality.
- Opening a bank account proves more time-consuming than anticipated. Rejected by one bank, others require documents not available for weeks. Need to ensure timely payments to contractors. And figure out how to speed this up to unlock first batch of investment.
- 100% focus on pitch deck and the first investor presentation coming soon
- solve the bank account thing
- continue with brand designs
Where is my ❤️
It's been a co-founder rollercoaster ride. I guess, you win some and lose some. The CFO surprise is a gift I didn't plan for. Now, I am laser-focused on my pitch deck, feeling confident in delivering something valuable. And recent improvement in sleep patterns have restored my energy. I want to maintain and even improve it.
However, spending too little time with my family hurts. My wife understands and supports me in every possible way. But kids don't get it, not after 9 months of full time dad. There were moments in the last two weeks when I didn't see my kids for over 30 hours, despite sharing the same roof. It's challenging for all of us.
Tips to share 🎁
Very small & practical this time. Two useful shortcuts if you use Notion:
- Shift + ctrl + H in Notion colours the selected text in red.
- Ctrl + P in Notion opens search.
See you next week in your inbox!
Inspired? Time to engage!
Join our community and start working on your business idea:
If you are new here - welcome! My name is Marcin and I believe that anyone can become a successful entrepreneur. I was nudged by two friends in my 20s to start a company, and it changed my life. I now made it my life’s mission to pay it forward and nudge the next generation of entrepreneurs into starting their first business.Netflix