Jennifer and I are back in Austin!
Good thing we escaped the Canadian smoke in Ann Arbor…
We need more gentlepreneurs working on the climate crisis.
Yes, consider this a nudge.
Good thing today’s project aims to introduce the idea of circular economy to the toy market. Less waste = lower production = less pollution.
Here is Maciek’s weekly update.
Maciek’s Weekly Update
Netflix for Toys
Where is my 🧠
- Tech team kickoff exceeded expectations, fostering hope for a successful collaboration.
- Contract negotiations with lawyers finalized, paving the way to establish the company and dive into more legal paperwork... legal inception!
- First xls business model created, defining clear next steps. Modelling was a breeze and enjoyable.
- Teaser backbone outlined, incorporating the captivating story and addressing knowns and unknowns.
- 4 angels said YES (I know it's just declarative for now, but still...) yaaay!
- Co-founder departure: Abrupt and disheartening. The intense pace exposed unresolved issues faster than anyone expected, resulting in a mutual agreement that our collaboration won't continue. Feels like a breakup :( But better now than 2 months into the project... On to the next phase. Even though I know it's for the best for both of us - it still really, really sucks.
- Legal entity dilemma persists. Both choices seem feasible, making the decision-making process more frustrating.
- Pace: Slow down and embrace the journey; it's not a sprint.
- Customer insights: Connect with 10 potential customers for valuable feedback.
- Pitchdeck: Create a compelling "ugly pitch deck" to convey the essence of the vision.
- Values: Define the core values to shape the adventure.
- Design: Brief the designer to get first look&feel ideas
Where is my ❤️
My heart is broken. I parted ways with my co-founder-to-be just 3 hours before writing this. I need to sleep on it, and right now, other thoughts are not surfacing at all. (It's a fresh wound.)
Tips to share 🎁
For years, I've relied on a powerful question to gauge different aspects of my life: "How much is enough?" It's a deceptively simple question that, oftentimes, is not so easy to answer (try it for yourself). Reflecting on my tendency to overwork myself and those around me, I've twisted it a little bit into "Does this still feel like an exciting adventure right now, in this moment?" It has already helped me go to sleep earlier several times. Let's see if it works long-term.
See you next week in your inbox!
Inspired? Time to engage!
Join our community and start working on your business idea:
If you are new here - welcome! My name is Marcin and I believe that anyone can become a successful entrepreneur. I was nudged by two friends in my 20s to start a company, and it changed my life. I now made it my life’s mission to pay it forward and nudge the next generation of entrepreneurs into starting their first business.